Work – Home – Driving - Playing
Workplace/ Home Office Consultation
- Office Ergonomics
- Fatigue Repetitive Injury Prevention
- Office Furniture/ Computer Station Recommendations
- Ergo Set Up
- Lighting Design
- Smart Home
- Kitchen/Bath/Bedroom Modifications
- Living Space Remote Controls
- Driving Ergonomics
- Cars/ Van/ Recreational Vehicle adaptation
- Fall Prevention
- Staircase Lift
- Pool Lifts
- Grab bars
ERGONOMIC Assessment for the Work and Home Office
Never underestimate the importance of work set up.
You'll be surprised how changing the way you or your employees use the work space will improve productivity and comfort.
Correct sitting or standing posture, body alignment with the desk or work area, how to use the computer and mouse, keyboard, where to rest the arm, desk placement, foot support, etc., can greatly reduce pain and fatigue.Problems relating to wrong set up can cause:
- Jaw pain
- Arm and hand pain
- Tingling or aching sensations
- Back and neck pain
- Feeling of fatigue
- Muscle fatigue
- Pain in the buttocks and hips
- Development of sores in the buttocks, skin redness, rashes
- Stomach pain and difficult digestion
- Individual work place assessment
- Evaluation and recommendations for the entire office space
- Staff education- Many times, it is not the work place that needs modification but staff habits and routine. We teach staff to improve their work pattern, providing stress relief techniques during micro breaks, applicable stretching exercises.
Helpful Links for Ergonomic Computer Office Space:
Contact us for consultation for yourself or your staff.Worker's Injury
Work tasks at a factory assembly line, or long hours sitting at the computer, long hours driving, all cause some type of repetitive stress or another. Examples:
- Laboratory work involving looking down,
- Inspections or detailed tasks requiring eye focusing, squinting, bending, twisting, stepping up/down, climbing and bending motions.
- Problems worsen with pounding or drilling during construction,
- Working in cold or hot temperatures,
- Repeated lift and carry.
- Long distance driving or prolonged sitting places much pressure on the lower spine.
- Working at computer/ laptop, texting on mobile phones
- Working at monitoring stations
These tasks affect the whole body or specific muscle / joint groups and can cause discomfort, pain, injury, and debility in the long run.
Call us to request consultation for your workplace. Ensure your employees and leadership enjoy the most ergonomic, safe, and creative work space. We cover the entire state of Florida for advisement, including Ergonomic Evaluation, Employee Safety, Exercise Education, Stress Relief and Meditation for CEO's and employees.
When employees are injured, we have multiple locations to provide his/her rehab program. Early intervention and treatment allievate problems, prevent pain and injury from getting worse, and help return to work.
We stay in close contact with the case manager and physician to improve communication and continuity of care.
- Functional Capacity Evaluation
- Ergonomic Assessment
- Work Conditioning
- Work Hardening
- Job Testing
- Workplace Safety / Set Up
- Employee and Management safety education
- Disability Determination
Executive and Employee Health Education Work Site Assessment
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly programs
- Interactive classes providing "take home" lessons for immediate health benefit to staff
- Anatomy and biomechanics lessons
- Chronic disease risks and prevention
- Ergonomic assessment
- Work analysis as related to pain and body mechanics
- Exercise classes
Interactive educational programs addressing the executive's mental and physical well being:
- Discussion about a health topic of interest
- Mental focus/relaxation techniques
- Practical exercise instructions that can be used during the workday.
Biweekly Exercise instructions
- 45-minute instructions on proper stretching, relaxation, and breathing techniques to address problematic areas of the body.
- Detailed clinical evaluation and treatment to address individual questions or problems.
- Managing executive health
- Golf for Health
- Sports Health
- Heart attacks, Chest pains
- Signs and Symptoms for Stroke
- Office Ergonomics
- Preventing headaches, neck, shoulder pain
- Back pain relief
- The Dizzy Factor ©
- Driving: what to do for stress relief and exercise while in car
- Flying exercise: what do while at airport and in airplanes
- Practical exercises during the day
What is Aging In Place?
This is the concept that we can enjoy life to the fullest from youth to the golden years. Housing, healthcare, retirement planning, and home adaptations can work to help us enjoy a safe environment throughout our lifetimes in our own communities and homes.
Consult your Work Ergonomic and Aging in Place Specialist Today
Have a Healthy and Happy Workplace!
Coutesy of D Robertson and her "Secretary" :-)